1.9
Ease of Use
Style and Design

I bought a Washer and Dryer set that was "scratched." I took them home and started having issues with them within the first year. The set was $2200 even with the scratched discount. I decided to call Samsung and Samsung Warranty and this is what I learned. You are allowed to sell an item as "new" even if it has been used in someone's home for several months, as Samsung does not have a way to track the history.

Washer History

Sold to customer (prior to me) by Famous Tate's per Samsung

Customer called in issue #2134567288 3/23/2015

Customer called in issue #1116534032 5/18/2015

Customer called in issue 8/16/2015

It was returned to Famous Tate 5 months later due to the problems it was having

Famous Tate Sold to me on 8/21/2015

I had issues 9/7/2015

Currently out of warranty as of March 2015 because Famous Tate for got to update Samsung.

Dryer History

Sold to customer by Famous Tate's

It was returned June 2015, and sold to me August 21, 2015

It was also serviced 3 times due to issues.

#2147538895 8/5/2015

It was also serviced 2 other times. The customer who purchased it was Brad.

It is pretty ironic that the units were both serviced 3 times and returned after several months. Can you say lemons? As I write this post, the washer and dryer have both stopped working at my house 3 times or so over the last year or so. I also bought the extended warranty (which is also a joke) because it takes them 2 weeks to come out. Yes, 2 weeks with no washer or dryer. I called Famous Tate, and they just keep defending themselves saying that I have a good units since it has only stopped working 3 times in 3 years. The reality is I did not buy a new unit, they gave me 5 plus month old unit. Their sales guy told me there was a dent in the top of one unit and the other unit had a dent on the left side no one would see.

I know this has happened to other people because I spoke to a lawyer who found other posts that people posted with similar stories.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I didn't like: False advertising.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 13.

Comments