On 6/16/2018 I purchased a GE microwave, model number JVM3160DFBB, at Famous Tate on East Bay Drive, Clearwater, FL, formally Absco. After installation, I noticed I could not read the control panel, it was completely blacked out. I called and told the salesman, Steve Klinger, that I had to use a flashlight to see the controls. He said he was not at the store and I waited to see him the next Monday. However, when I got there, he was not there. Another young man helped me and when I explained my problem, he nodded, said GE and let it go. Even though he said no more, I got the message that they knew of this problem, yet nothing was said about it.

He said it was a problem with GE, and he set up an appointment to have a representative come to my home. When he got here, he looked at the oven and with a "so what's the problem" expression, said I could get you another one, but it will be the same thing.

Needless to say I was very angry and he said he had a lot of complaints and after doing some paper work, he left.

I immediately went back to the store intending to send this back only to find that if I did that, I would lose $119.00. So, I chose a replacement instead. He then told me there is a $55.00 fee to change over. I said I could understand that if I had just decided I wanted something else, but this was not my fault so why should I pay them any more? He said it was company policy and that is the way it is. This was from Sean Saffeels, Sales manager. Then he blamed the whole thing on me saying I didn't take enough time to look around and ask questions.

Then he went on to say and I quote" "I have sold thousands of these and you are the only complaint I have ever received." I didn't tell him what the representative from GE had just told me. When I told him I thought this was totally unfair, he said "we are losing money to, and started naming all the ways one of them being, having to mark down the price of the installed oven. I said do you mean you are going to put this back on the floor for sale, and he said yes, someone will buy it.

Then on the day the new oven was to be installed, I heard nothing so I called the store to be sure it was still coming. The young lady assured me that the installment oven was on the truck and she would have the installer call me. About 45 minutes later I got the call from Steve Klinger that they did not have the oven in their warehouse but found one some place else, but now we had to change the install date.

Finally, yesterday I did get the new oven and all seems well.

This has been the most harrowing experience I have ever and I do mean ever had in buying an appliance.

I have been deceived, lied to, unfairly judged, and I feel cheated by this store.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ge Appliances Jvm3160Dfbb Microwave Oven Combination.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Company wrote 0 private and 1 public responses to the review from Jul 13.

Comments

FamousTate
Famous Tate Verified Representative

We are so sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your experience. We are glad we could help you find a model that worked better for you and apologize for any misunderstandings or miscommunications.